MP: Woman gangraped by 3 sweepers in hospital
- Naxal threat has to be quashed with a firm hand, says Pranab, as Maoists kill 16 in Chhattisgarh ambush
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to the west coast
- AAP defends Rs 20,000 per person dinner with Kejriwal, says it was transparent
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Narendra Modi's new found love for Bihar a ploy to win votes: Nitish Kumar
A woman was allegedly gangraped by three sweepers at a district hospital where she had gone for treatment of her baby.
The incident, which occurred on Saturday, came to light when the woman along with her husband filed an FIR with Gopalganj police station.
Police today said the three sweepers followed her when she went to the toilet and allegedly raped her after threatening to take her life.
The woman had gone to the district hospital for treatment of her baby.
City Superintendent of Police Pramod Sonkar said all the three accused -- Rahul, Sunny and Sachin -- were arrested.
Condemning the incident, Leader of the Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly Ajay Singh said Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan had talked about guaranteeing the safety and dignity of woman but "he has failed to do anything in this regard" and demanded that the government take steps to ensure that such incidents do not recur.
- Internal Maoist document targets 12 political leaders
- Forces didn’t follow SoP, says MHA
- ‘Teesta NGOs got foreign donations worth Rs 4 cr’
- Unable to pay to cheat, another student tries to kill himself in UP
- ‘Ignored’ by AAP, Mallika says won’t contest LS elections
- He didn’t want to lose a year, mother had mortgaged ring to arrange ‘bribe’
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express