MPCA drub Punjab by six wickets
- Greatest harm would happen if judiciary doesn't rectify, introspect: PM Narendra Modi
- Message from BJP meet: Poor the focus of govt’s reforms
- Engineer suicide: Former Min Agri Krishnamoorthy arrested in Chennai
- Killers of Telangana cops shot dead, could be from Khandwa jailbreak gang
- Budget cuts make govt turn to PSUs: Save snow leopard, gharial
An unbeaten century by Ashutosh Singh (100) guided Madhya Pradesh Cricket Association to a six-wicket win over Punjab on the concluding day of the Cooch Behar Trophy match played at Dhruv Pandove Stadium. Chasing a target of 271 runs, Madhya Pradesh Cricket Association reached the target for the loss of four wickets in 102.5 overs.
Ashutosh Singh was the star of the day for the winning team as he played a fine knock of 100 runs. During his stay at the crease,Singh smashed 11 boundaries and one towering six. Singh was ably assisted by Atul Tiwari who played a knock of 51 runs off 106 balls. Tiwari smashed four boundaries and a six. For Punjab, Sukhwinder Singh claimed two wickets for 68 runs. Earlier in the match, Punjab were bundled out for a total of 72 in their first innings in 29.2 overs. Their second innings saw them scoring 360 in their second innings after restricting MPCA to a first innings total of 161. Punjab set MPCA a target of 271 runs which they achieved for the loss of two wickets.
Brief scores : Punjab : First innings : 72 all out and Second innings : 360 all out; MPCA : First innings : 161 all out in 67 overs and Second innings : 272 for 4 in 102.5 overs (Ahustosh Singh 100 no, Atul Tiwari 51 no, Shubham Sharma 50, Sukhwinder Singh 2 for 68).