MPs say they were ‘short-changed’, Sena in turmoil
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
There are rumblings of discontent in the Shiv Sena over what some senior leaders described as the "surprise election" of two corporators from the party to the standing committee of the Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal Corporation, dumping the names they had suggested.
Two-time MP Shivajirao Adhalrao-Patil and MP Gajanan Babar expressed annoyance that names they had suggested did not make it to the standing committee.
First-time Sena corporators Asha Shendge and Sangeeta Bhondve were last week elected to the PCMC standing committee. Until their names were announced in the PCMC civic general body meeting, senior corporators Sulbha Ubale and Seema Savle were considered a certainty.
After Shendge and Bhondve's names were announced, there were subdued celebrations by the party rank and file. The next day, Adhalrao told mediapersons in Bhosari that names of corporators he suggested were not considered for the panel.
Babar, when contacted on Sunday, said, "I was not consulted in the matter..."
Both Adhalrao and Babar camps make no bones of the fact they have been humiliated by some senior Sena leaders in Pune and feel it was they who got the names changed. "The names of Savle and Ubale were cleared by party chief Uddhav Thackeray. In fact, an SMS was sent to the party's group leader Shrirang Barne to this effect. Yet, at the last minute, the names were changed," said a Sena leader belonging to the Babar camp.
"A senior leader in the party is responsible for this last-minute change," said a Sena leader and Adhalrao supporter.
Sena group leader in PCMC, Shrirang Barne, conceded that some leaders were upset over the candidate selection. He, however, said the names were not changed. "The names sent to me have not been changed. I got the names from the party chief's PA, and they have been elected," he said.
- LIVE: Arvind Kejriwal targets Reliance Industries
- My heart bleeds to see what is happening in the House: ManmohanÂ Singh
- Sonia named Chairperson of Congress Campaign panel for LS polls, Rahul ViceÂ Chairman
- US free to interact with Modi, but must apply standards consistent with its policy on human rights:Â Khurshid