MPSEB employee stabbed to death; Rs 2 lakh robbed from office
- Tera Gurdip bach gaya: Indian on death row in Indonesia tells wife in phone call
- Pune building collapses, at least nine dead
- Mehbooba: Sacrifice of children won’t go waste; securitymen had no idea they were targeting Burhan
- 'Voodoo statistics!' P Chidambaram rejects Arun Jaitley's inflation remarks
- Senior Congress leader Capt Ajay Yadav to quit party
A woman clerk was stabbed to death and Rs two lakh cash looted by miscreants from the cash counter of Madhya Pradesh State Electricity Board (MPSEB) office here, police said today.
Some armed miscreants stabbed Meera Ahuja (52) in the neck while she was sitting at the cash counter of MPSEB office near Koh-e-Fiza police station last evening at around 6 PM, before running away with Rs two lakh kept in the cash box.
The woman even ran a few metres to chase the miscreants but collapsed, police said.
She was immediately rushed to hospital where she was declared brought dead.
The cash counter is situated on the back side of the MPSEB office where the woman was officiating alone even as over a number of employees were on duty in the office at the time of the incident.
Angry over the incident, people staged a road blockade and demanded a compensation of Rs 5 lakh for the family of the deceased.
- The amended act legalises child labour while claiming to do the opposite
- The concept of private members’ bill is central to a deliberative democracy
- Mahasweta Devi drew imaginary landscapes to narrate stories of the oppressed
- With the latest figures on industrial output, the case for a stimulus is pressing
- An open letter to new students entering Jawaharlal Nehru University
- Irom Sharmila calling off her fast against the AFSPA reflects the state’s failure to engage