MS Dhoni breaks Sachin Tendulkar's record of highest score by skipper
- Coal scam: Ex-PM Manmohan Singh summoned as accused in Hindalco case
- Supreme Court hands out life term to six convicts in Manjunath murder case
- AAP Delhi MLAs write letter seeking expulsion of Yadav, Bhushan: Reports
- Land to Mines to coal, Oppn stands stall in RS
- BJP line to restive RSS: our ministers may quit if PDP doesn’t behave
Mahendra Singh Dhoni today surpassed Sachin Tendulkar's record of highest individual Test score by an Indian captain en route his majestic 224 against Australia in the first cricket Test.
Dhoni, who reached his maiden double century yesterday went past Tendulkar's 217 scored against New Zealand in 1999-00 at Ahmedabad.
Dhoni reached the feat in the 144th over when he first hit a flat six off Nathan Lyon to reach 217 and then took a single to surpass Tendulkar's score.
The India captain however fell eight runs short of equalling Andy Flower's highest individual score by a skipper 232 against India.
Highest Individual scores by Indian captains
224 Mahendra Singh Dhoni vs Australia (Chennai)
217 Sachin Tendulkar vs New Zealand (Ahmedabad)
205 Sunil Gavaskar vs West Indies (Mumbai)
203 MAK Pataudi vs England (Delhi).