MS Dhoni breaks Sachin Tendulkar's record of highest score by skipper
- Submarine mishaps: Navy had raised alarm with PMO, Defence Ministry
- Sahara chief Subrata Roy sent to police custody till March 4
- Petrol price hiked by 60 paise per litre, diesel by 50 paise
- Chhattisgarh: Six policemen killed in Naxal ambush
- IPL betting probe: Senior Tamil Nadu cop suspended for violation of 'conduct rules'
Mahendra Singh Dhoni today surpassed Sachin Tendulkar's record of highest individual Test score by an Indian captain en route his majestic 224 against Australia in the first cricket Test.
Dhoni, who reached his maiden double century yesterday went past Tendulkar's 217 scored against New Zealand in 1999-00 at Ahmedabad.
Dhoni reached the feat in the 144th over when he first hit a flat six off Nathan Lyon to reach 217 and then took a single to surpass Tendulkar's score.
The India captain however fell eight runs short of equalling Andy Flower's highest individual score by a skipper 232 against India.
Highest Individual scores by Indian captains
224 Mahendra Singh Dhoni vs Australia (Chennai)
217 Sachin Tendulkar vs New Zealand (Ahmedabad)
205 Sunil Gavaskar vs West Indies (Mumbai)
203 MAK Pataudi vs England (Delhi).
- Love and thereabouts
- Youth Akali Dal leaders open fire in front of Akali leader’s home, 3 hurt
- Raarewala market: Shopkeepers threaten LS election boycott; Ayali, mayor swing into action
- Techie murder: 2 months on, cops land in UP on wild goose chase, lens on taxi, auto drivers
- Deoband cleric declares support for Narendra Modi
- Row in British parliament complex over Narendra Modi’s past