MS Dhoni breaks Sachin Tendulkar's record of highest score by skipper
- Hate speeches: Modi breaks his silence, says petty statements by 'BJP well wishers deviating poll campaign'
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Sharad Pawar attacks Narendra Modi over 'power concentration' in one man
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- Centre calls off trip over China no to Arunachal youth
- How is it our responsibility to stop Modi, ask Faizabadâs Muslims
Mahendra Singh Dhoni today surpassed Sachin Tendulkar's record of highest individual Test score by an Indian captain en route his majestic 224 against Australia in the first cricket Test.
Dhoni, who reached his maiden double century yesterday went past Tendulkar's 217 scored against New Zealand in 1999-00 at Ahmedabad.
Dhoni reached the feat in the 144th over when he first hit a flat six off Nathan Lyon to reach 217 and then took a single to surpass Tendulkar's score.
The India captain however fell eight runs short of equalling Andy Flower's highest individual score by a skipper 232 against India.
Highest Individual scores by Indian captains
224 Mahendra Singh Dhoni vs Australia (Chennai)
217 Sachin Tendulkar vs New Zealand (Ahmedabad)
205 Sunil Gavaskar vs West Indies (Mumbai)
203 MAK Pataudi vs England (Delhi).
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready