- Indrani told ex-husband if Sheena dies, we share Peter’s fortune, says Police
- Patidar Protests: Gujarat braces for a funeral as Hardik Patel heads to Delhi today
- Govt plans to set up teams of experts to quickly react to ‘negative news’
- Uttarakhand, 2 years later: A reason to smile
- Inform me of your meetings with minister Prakash Javadekar: MoeF Secretary to team
Mahendra Singh Dhoni has increasingly chosen to ignore calls on his mobile phone and officials of the Jharkhand cricket association were recently at their wits' end when they couldn't get a response on whether he was available for selection for the first round of the Ranji Trophy. After waiting till the eleventh hour, the officials had no option other than to name a team minus Dhoni for the first game against Jammu and Kashmir. With all of India's Test players turning out for their respective states in preparation for the Test series against England, Dhoni is set to be the only exception. Laxman isn't the only one who has failed to reach Dhoni on his phone.
KP's pick up
The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) are ensuring that Kevin Pietersen's return to the team is a smooth affair. On the ECB's request, the star batsman will get a special airport pick-up as he is scheduled to land three hours before the England team. Pietersen, was to arrive in Mumbai from Johannesburg at 11 pm on Sunday after completing his Champions League commitments, while the England team was to travel from their training base in Dubai. Initially, Pietersen would have had to kill time at the arrival terminal because security reasons make it mandatory for him to travel only in the team bus.