MSEDCL engineer who consumed poison dies at hospital
- Yoga Day celebration at Rajpath sets two Guinness World Records
- Yoga not religious; an antidote to violence, conflict: Swaraj at UN
- Death toll climbs to 97 in Mumbai hooch tragedy, 2 women arrested
- 'Peepli Live' co-director, Mahmood Farooqui arrested on rape charges
- Lalit Modi invoked British royal names for UK travel papers
An assistant engineer employed with the Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Company Ltd (MSEDCL), who had consumed poison allegedly in a bid to commit suicide on April 29, died at a private hospital on Wednesday.
The deceased, Sandeep Vitthal Bhokare (40), lived in Kasba Peth and was transferred to the Rasta Peth office of MSEDCL after being promoted six months ago, the police said.
The Faraskhana police have registered a case and are ascertaining what prompted him to take the drastic step.