MSLTA-Future Pro academy throws open its doors, will look for talent
- Manmohan Singh a 'person of integrity, probity', says Sonia
- Now, a sting in Kejriwal’s tale: Colleague taped him saying let’s break Cong
- Dimapur mob lynching: Police say it's rape, Naga govt says could be consensual sex
- Aamir Khan: I apologise if 'PK' has hurt sentiments
- The AAP exchange, letter for letter
The MSLTA-Future Pro Tennis Academy, which will be run by former Federation Cup player and the only woman ITF Level 3 umpire in India Radhika Tulpule-Kanitkar, was inaugurated by the president of Maharashtra State Lawn Tennis Association (MSLTA) Sharad Kannamwar, honorary secretary Bharat Oza and honorary treasurer Sunder Iyer at the Divisional Sports Complex near Ishanya Mall at Yerawada.
The centre, which has three deco-turf courts along with a seating area has been developed by the Maharashtra government's department of sports. Run by the MSLTA, the facility will be ideal for tennis players hailing from Khadki, Koregoan Park, Kalyani Nagar, Yerawda, Dighi and Lohegaon.
Tulpule-Kanitkar and her trained staff will provide methodical and advanced coaching from the beginner level to the advanced level.
"With Radhika's experience, we are sure tennis players will benefit with her advice," Kannamwar said. Amongst those present included former Indian tennis player Rohini Lokhande, life vice-president of MSLTA Anand Tulpule and other members of the MSLTA council.