MSU prof who spread ‘itching herb’ on V-C’s chair suspended
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
Solanki allegedly said he did so to take revenge with the dean because of internal politics that might have adversely affected his promotion within the faculty.
Later, in his submission before the judicial magistrate first class, Solanki said he made the statement under duress which the university recorded without his consent. He said university authorities held him up for hours before handing him over to police.