Muder accused killed by witness in case in Moshi
- AAP manifesto: Jan Lokpal, justice system party's top priority
- Congress Vadodara candidate Madhusudan Mistry arrested for vandalising Modi posters
- Modi wants EC to take action against Sonia, says Cong chief resorting to 'rabid communalism'
- Shakti Mills gangrape convicts repeat offenders, says court; may face death sentence
- Sri Lanka vs West Indies Live Cricket Score: Rain, wind, hail interrupt play
A 22-year-old man accused in a murder case was allegedly killed by a witness in the case in Moshi on Friday. Police identified the victim as Rahul Khandu Sawant (22), a resident of Moshi. Police have arrested the suspect, Navnath Raghu Gaware (22), also a resident of Moshi. An offence was registered at the MIDC police station.
Police said Gaware allegedly stabbed Sawant around 6.45 am at the main chowk in Moshi. Sawant was arrested in 2009 for allegedly murdering a restaurant owner Rahul Gaikwad. Gaware worked as a waiter at the restaurant and was a witness in the case.
Police said Gaware later started his own restaurant in Moshi and Sawant was released on bail in 2011. Since then there were disputes between the duo as Sawant allegedly threatened Gaware of dire consequences if he gave a statement against him in the murder case. Gaware had also lodged a police complaint against Sawant.
However, police suspect Sawant continued to threaten Gaware. Fed up, Gaware attacked Sawant with a weapon on Friday morning. On receiving information, the police reached the spot and rushed Sawant to a hospital where he was declared dead on arrival.
- Real science is in small laboratories: Prof Rao
- Unguarded and unkempt, vacant govt houses cry for attention
- Won’t become a politician, will carry forward husband legacy: Savita Bhatti
- Congress screening panel okays Bansal’s name for Lok Sabha ticket
- Gujarat minister Saurabh Patel may reply to EC notice: ‘I’m related to Ambanis’
- SC exonerates BJP leader Bokhiria in businessman murder case