Muder accused killed by witness in case in Moshi
- G4 summit: PM Modi calls for UNSC reforms within fixed time frame
- Rajnath Singh snubs RK Singh after party MP alleges corruption in Bihar ticket distribution
- CBI officials raid Himachal CM Virbhadra Singh's residence; BJP demands his resignation
- Narendra Modi’s Silicon Valley swing: Who is wooing who?
- Delhi L-G Jung to be replaced? Kejriwal says won't help, unless PMO stops interfering
A 22-year-old man accused in a murder case was allegedly killed by a witness in the case in Moshi on Friday. Police identified the victim as Rahul Khandu Sawant (22), a resident of Moshi. Police have arrested the suspect, Navnath Raghu Gaware (22), also a resident of Moshi. An offence was registered at the MIDC police station.
Police said Gaware allegedly stabbed Sawant around 6.45 am at the main chowk in Moshi. Sawant was arrested in 2009 for allegedly murdering a restaurant owner Rahul Gaikwad. Gaware worked as a waiter at the restaurant and was a witness in the case.
Police said Gaware later started his own restaurant in Moshi and Sawant was released on bail in 2011. Since then there were disputes between the duo as Sawant allegedly threatened Gaware of dire consequences if he gave a statement against him in the murder case. Gaware had also lodged a police complaint against Sawant.