Mukhtar to contest from Ghosi, wife from Varanasi
- Priyanka Gandhi denies report on fighting polls against Modi, says her focus remains Rae Bareli and Amethi
- After Sanjay Baru, former coal secretary Parakh's book embarrasses PM; 'Singh had little political authority'
- Two yrs after townâs first-ever riots, Kosi Kalan shadow hangs large over Mathura
- Fresh FIR against Azam Khan
- Elections 2014 Live: BJP wants to destroy secular values, only Congress promises secularism, says Sonia Gandhi
MLA Mukhtar Ansari, who is in jail in connection with the murder of BJP MLA Krishnanand Rai, will contest Lok Sabha polls from Ghosi constituency in Mau. He will contest as Quami Ekta Dal candidate, his brother and party's president Afzal Ansari said on Tuesday. His wife Afshan will contest from Varanasi, the LS seat of senior BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi. In 2009, Mukhtar had contested from Varanasi on a BSP ticket, losing to Joshi by 17,211 votes.
- Security men at every step, Shinde keeps ‘safe distance’ from voters, debunks charges
- In Beed, Modi factor dents Munde’s goodwill among Muslims
- Ambareesh campaigns for Nilekani
- Raids on Bellary moneylender yield Rs 8.74 crore cash
- MP faces Amreli villagers’ ire in campaign
- JERC approves sale of solar power at Rs 1.13 per unit