Mukhtar to contest from Ghosi, wife from Varanasi
- Salman Khan retracts tweets on Yakub Memon after protests; says 'never said he is innocent'
- Muslim League says SC has no right to interfere in matters of faith
- President urged to grant Yakub Memon reprieve from execution
- PM to launch cashless treatment scheme for accident victims
- Anna extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
MLA Mukhtar Ansari, who is in jail in connection with the murder of BJP MLA Krishnanand Rai, will contest Lok Sabha polls from Ghosi constituency in Mau. He will contest as Quami Ekta Dal candidate, his brother and party's president Afzal Ansari said on Tuesday. His wife Afshan will contest from Varanasi, the LS seat of senior BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi. In 2009, Mukhtar had contested from Varanasi on a BSP ticket, losing to Joshi by 17,211 votes.