Mukhtar to contest from Ghosi, wife from Varanasi
- Disquiet in BJP as M M Joshi, Sushma raise questions over selected candidates and seat sharing
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Subrata Roy arrest row: The not-so-beautiful story
- Vajpayee wanted Modi to quit over Gujarat riots, but party said no: Naidu
- Rest in freeze: Is Ashutosh Maharaj 40-day âclinically deadâ or a guru in a very long meditation?
MLA Mukhtar Ansari, who is in jail in connection with the murder of BJP MLA Krishnanand Rai, will contest Lok Sabha polls from Ghosi constituency in Mau. He will contest as Quami Ekta Dal candidate, his brother and party's president Afzal Ansari said on Tuesday. His wife Afshan will contest from Varanasi, the LS seat of senior BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi. In 2009, Mukhtar had contested from Varanasi on a BSP ticket, losing to Joshi by 17,211 votes.