Mukhtar to contest from Ghosi, wife from Varanasi
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
MLA Mukhtar Ansari, who is in jail in connection with the murder of BJP MLA Krishnanand Rai, will contest Lok Sabha polls from Ghosi constituency in Mau. He will contest as Quami Ekta Dal candidate, his brother and party's president Afzal Ansari said on Tuesday. His wife Afshan will contest from Varanasi, the LS seat of senior BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi. In 2009, Mukhtar had contested from Varanasi on a BSP ticket, losing to Joshi by 17,211 votes.