Mukund Rajan new Tata spokesperson
- Nepal Earthquake: Rains, fresh tremors hamper rescue works, toll tops 2,500
- Nepal earthquake: 22 climbers dead in avalanche on Mt Everest
- Nepal Earthquake: Air services resumed to Kathmandu
- NDRF rescue team begins sifting through rubble in Nepal
- Heavy rains likely in quake-hit Nepal, warns Indian Meteorological Dept
In the first major executive changes in the Tata Group after Cyrus Mistry took over as chairman in December, Tata Sons, the group holding company, named Mukund Govind Rajan as brand custodian and spokesperson for the group, with immediate effect.
Rajan, who has been with the Tata Group for over 18 years, will oversee and manage all corporate communications and brand-related activities for the group in India and overseas. He will also serve as the chief ethics officer of the group and will oversee all Tata Group corporate social responsibility activities as chairman of the Tata Council for Community Initiatives. Rajan will report directly to Mistry. Rajan, an IIT Delhi graduate, started his career as a Tata Administrative Service officer.
Prior to the latest appointment, Rajan was Head of Private Equity Advisory at Tata Capital Ltd and Managing Partner of the advisory team of the Tata Opportunities Fund. He had also been assigned to the office of the then Chairman of Tata Sons, Ratan Tata, in 1996, where he served for twelve years.