Mulayam calls meeting, pulls up top officials
- Kashmir floods LIVE: Many feared dead as houses collapse in Budgam district
- ‘Mukhyamantri ka saala’ is a story of growth in Chhattisgarh
- AAP removes Ramdas as Lokpal, Bhushan from disciplinary panel
- Ahmed Patel, seen and heard like never before
- Retd Lt Gen says will write to Chief about Army role in Hashimpura
With Muzaffarnagar erupting in communal violence, worried Samajwadi Party president Mulayam Singh Yadav has started the damage control exercise. On Sunday, he summoned senior officials, including Chief Secretary Jawed Usmani, Principal Secretary (Home) R M Srivastava, Secretary to CM Anita Singh and several others at his residence.
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav was also present at the meeting during which the SP chief told the officials to restore law and order in Muzaffarnagar immediately.
"What is happening in Muzaffarnagar? I know everything. Who has done it, I have all the information. Why was so much laxity given at the beginning?" Mulayam told officials.
Food and Supplies Minister Rajendra Choudhary and Rural Engineering Minister Rajinder Singh Rana, both from western UP, too were present. "We told netaji (Mulayam Singh) about the carelessness of the local officials. Both netaji and CM Akhilesh Yadav were very worried. We had not expected that such a small issue will snowball into such a big incident. Netaji understood and told us that he knows everything and who has done it," Rajinder Singh Rana said.