Mulayam lashes out at IAS officers for 'playing politics' on SDM issue
- India's naval might on full display off Visakhapatnam coast
- Kerala solar scam: Had freedom to enter Chandy’s house anytime, says Saritha Nair
- Australian national suspected to be IS supporter deported from Delhi airport
- At least 39 dead as Gujarat state transport bus plunges into river
- Cops have a case for new juvenile law: boy who ‘killed 2’
Even as the demands to reinstate Durga Shakti Nagpal gained strength, Samajwadi Party president Mulayam Singh Yadav Wednesday accused the IAS officers rallying behind the suspended SDM of indulging in politics.
Nagpal was shunted out as sub divisional magistrate of Gautam Buddh Nagar for demolishing the wall of an under-construction mosque.
"If action was not taken after the wall of the mosque was demolished, western Uttar Pradesh would have witnessed communal riots," Singh reportedly told the state executive of the party during a closed door meeting.
"But IAS officers are doing politics. If government takes any action, will they oppose it? Do char par karyavahi karna bahut zaroori hai," Mulayam reportedly said in presence of Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav and several ministers.
Earlier, on Monday, a delegation of state's IAS Association had met the chief secretary and demanded revocation of Nagpal's suspension. They alleged that she had been suspended without giving a hearing and despite there being no report from the district administration that her action had led to any communal strife.
"Ab ye sarkar ke khilaf khadey ho jayengey?" remarked Mulayam Singh. He was also reportedly unhappy that an issue has been made of illegal sand mining. He asked the SP leaders present at the meeting, especially those from Ghaziabad and Gautam Buddh Nagar, about any incidents of illegal mining in their respective areas and all answered in negative.
Some leaders complained that officers posted in the CM's Secretariat did not listen to their grievances. Mulayam directed Akhilesh to look into the matter. "If there are complaints that implies that everything is not well at your office. Take it seriously," he reportedly said.
- No proof required: MGNREGA does not help poor
- Male-dominated ‘places of worship’ are places where god doesn’t reside
- As Sushma visits Lanka, India should invest its diplomatic capital in finding constitutional solution
- There is talk of 4th industrial revolution. How about spreading the benefits of the preceding three
- It Made China See Red
- Modi’s Idea of India - 2