Mulayam Singh Yadav trying to become Modi of UP: Ajit Singh
- Not RSSâ job to chant âNamo, Namoâ, canât cross limits for BJP: Mohan Bhagwat
- Missing Malaysia Airlines: âFakeâ passports mystery deepens
- Mocking Nitishâs âPM hopesâ, Modi woos Muslims, Yadavs
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
Lashing out at Mulayam Singh Yadav over the handling of the situation in riot-hit Muzaffarnagar, RLD leader Ajit Singh on Thursday said the SP chief has become the 'Narendra Modi'of Uttar Pradesh.
Singh, who was detained in Loni area while on his way to his constituency Bagphat to review the situation there, said, "There is no doubt that SP government has completely failed to control violence in the state. Had state government taken sufficient steps.., it (violence) could have been stopped at that time."
"Mulayam has become Narendra Modi (Gujarat Chief minster) of Uttar Pradesh," Singh, who is also the Civil Aviation Minister, said. "If you go back to what Modi has done in Gujarat was basically that he did not act. He stopped police from taking any action and that is what happened in UP," he charged.
"It is total failure of Uttar Pradesh government, which is spreading violence in the state," he said, adding, "I wanted to visit my constituency Baghpat with a message of peace. The state government doesn¿t want that I should go there".
Besides Singh, BJP leader Kalraj Mishra and around eight BJP MLAs were also detained and prevented from going to Muzaffarnagar. While Mishra was detained near Lal Kaun in Ghaziabad, Noida BJP MLA Mahesh Sharma along with MLAs Bimla Solani from Sikandrabad, Mansih Aziza from Firozabad, Vijay Bahadur Yadav from Gorakhpur, among others were detained and taken to police lines by the city police.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express