Mulayam's Samajwadi Party jolts UPA, threatens to vote against FDI in Parliament
- Will reach out to 'muslim' brothers, address Ram Temple issue: Modi
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- CJI bars advocate's entry in SC for 6 months for sexual harrassment
- April 22 Campaign roundup: Modi hurls a 'khooni panja' at Cong, says its responsible for 1100 lives in Telangana
- IPL 7: It's that man Glenn Maxwell again
BSP, which extends outside support to UPA, has 15 members and it has said that it will disclose its stand on the issue on the floor of the House.
Asked about the party's opposition to the Bill on reservation in promotion for SC/ST officials, Ramgopal Yadav said, "We are talking about safeguarding the interests of 80 per cent people of the country and at the same time, we are not against the interests of the rest 20 per cent also."
He said the party was in favour of reservation in jobs but "We don't support reservation in promotion in government jobs. This proposal is wrong and unconstitutional. The Supreme Court has rejected it and it would be wrong to implement it by forming a law."
Yadav said SP has informed the government that it will oppose the Bill in Parliament. "Our strength in Rajya Sabha may be less but when it comes up for discussion, we will oppose it. We will not let it to be cleared. We are committed on this issue," the SP leader said.
- In Malda, it’s still all about Ghani Khan
- Dasmunsi’s teen son invokes father’s AIIMS dream and Rahul’s name to seek votes for mother
- Modi can take India to next level: Bedi
- IPL style event will help women’s cricket: Anjum
- ‘Accused’s friends have deposed against him’
- Exhibition takes hopeful look at dilapidated mills in city