Mulayam Yadav's astrologer dead, cops eye spl team
- LIVE: ISI supports LeT, JeM and Hizbul, David Headley tells court
- J&K govt formation: Ram Madhav to hold talks with Mehbooba Mufti to break impasse
- Soldier, who survived Siachen avalanche, being flown to Delhi hospital
- DDCA row: Delhi HC dismisses Kirti Azad's plea seeking court-monitored probe
- Net bad assets of govt banks a third of their net worth
Uttar Pradesh Police's Special Task Force (STF) has been asked to assist district police to trace the killers of astrologer Ramesh Tewari, who was said to be close to Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav.
The STF has been asked to assist the Jaunpur police in the murder case of Tewari, who was shot dead in Sarpataha area in Jaunpur yesterday, ADG (law and order) Arun Kumar said here.
Kumar, who had yesterday rushed to Jaunpur after the incident in which the killers had used automatic weapons, said that a case against unknown persons has been registered and further investigations are on.
He said that the astrologer had dispute over some issues with a couple of people and it is being looked into to trace the motive and killers.
The ADG said that people had told him in Jaunpur that the killers had hidden the carbine under a piece of cloth and before opening fire had touched the feet of the deceased.
Ramesh Tewari (34), known as Guruji, was sitting outside his house in Unchgaon area along with family members when two motorcycle-borne youths in police uniform came and opened fire injuring him and his brother.
- Government must resolve growing burden of non-performing assets
- Outrage over police assault on students is meaningless
- Right to a toilet: For the health, dignity and safety of women in slums
- Raja-Mandala: Maritime India versus Continental Delhi
- The Akhilesh-Mulayam duet
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress