Mulayam’s Advani praise a ploy to divert Akhilesh failings: BJP
- If Pakistan has sympathy for Kashmiri youth, they shouldn’t provoke them to attack army camps: Mehbooba Mufti
- Dhaka cafe attack mastermind, 2 others killed in police encounter
- Rio 2016 review: What they did at home, what in Olympics
- Buzz of change in Maldives, Mohammed Nasheed flies secretly to Lanka
- Kashmir: Police constable shot dead by terrorists
Three days after Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav praised senior BJP leader L K Advani, the BJP on Tuesday said Mulayam did so to divert the attention of people from "the failures of the SP government in UP".
Stating that Advani does not need any certificate of honesty from Mulayam, BJP national vice-president Kalraj Mishra said Mulayam's statement was politically motivated. "Mulayam knows very well that the differences between SP and BJP could never be removed. But still he is indicating a good relation between the two parties, which is not appearing possible. Also, his statement for Advaniji was aimed to divert public's attention from deteriorated law and order in UP. The graph of SP is falling in the state," he said.
- In Kashmir, so-called solutions are riddled with contradictions and divisions
- Why personal, social and political self-identification of Dalits must count more than legal nomenclature.
- The draft surrogacy bill violates the fundamental right of people to choose modes of parenthood
- Realpolitik drives Myanmar’s outreach to India and China
- Epidemics in India are seldom followed by a long-term response
- Pakistan army has a battle to win: The corruption within