Multi-layered security for Modi rally in UP
- Goldman Sachs bets on Narendra Modi, upgrades India to 'marketweight', raises NSE Nifty target to 6,900 pts
- Narendra Modi 'forces' Goldman Sachs to upgrade Indian equities, puts NSE Nifty target at 6,900, BSE Sensex at 22,000
- BJP seeks PM-like security for Narendra Modi; Centre says adequate cover given
- Malaysia Airlines plane may have turned back before vanishing, says Air force chief
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress
- Varanasi seat row: RSS worried but believes BJP will solve it
- Subrata Roy arrest row: The not-so-beautiful story
- Vajpayee wanted Modi to quit over Gujarat riots, but party said no: Venkaiah Naidu
A multi-cordon security wrap is being ensured for BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi's 'Vijay Shankhnad Rally' on November 8.
"Though the Gujarat Chief Minister is already a Z special category (leader) and NSG protectee, all efforts are being made to provide foolproof security to him, specially in view of recent bomb blasts during his Patna rally," a senior police official, involved in security arrangements, said today on condition of anonymity.
A team of about 12 Gujarat police officials have already started making security related suggestions and recce, the official said.
Help of Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB), which mans the Indo-Nepal border, has been taken while anti-sabotage team, anti-mines unit, bomb disposal and dog squads of the state have also been called in.
According to the official, four SPs, 8 additional SPs, a team of SP Railway and GRP personnel, six companies of PAC Constabulary, 800 homeguards, eight ADMs, 25 SDMs, have also been called from outside the district for the rally.
Besides, NSG commandos and jawans of Gujarat police would be present at the rally venue, he said, adding all the entry points would have metal detector doors and all the 15 blocks of the rally would be under surveillance of CCTV cameras'.
Sophisticated jammers, a bullet proof place on the stage for leaders to address the rally and bullet proof vehicles have also been arranged. Labourers, contractors and BJP leaders and workers overseeing the works of the rally venue would be allowed entry only after checking their identity cards.
Managers of hotels, lodges and inns have been asked to promptly inform about any suspicious movement or people staying at their places. Arrangements have also been made in hospitals to deal with any eventuality on the rally day as a precautionary measure, the police official said. According to BJP leader Anupama Jaiswal, over three lakh people, including a large number of women from eight nearby Lok Sabha constituencies are expected to attend the rally.