Mulund violence: BJP, MNS MLAs arrested
- BJP terms Jadavpur University a 'hub of anti-national elements' after clashes
- Don't fall in trap of schools giving useless degrees, warns Raghuram Rajan
- Hindu extremist cases: No pressure from either UPA or NDA, says NIA chief
- Most death row prisoners from backward caste groups, minorities: Law University Report
- Govt tightening screws: PM Modi on campaign trail
Navghar police on Tuesday arrested BJP MLA Sardar Tara Singh and Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) MLA Shishir Shinde for allegedly leading a mob that burned illegal hutments in Neelam Nagar, Mulund on Sunday. Police said both leaders were summoned to station for inquiries and arrived on Tuesday.
"We arrested both of them. Apart from them, the seven corporators booked in the case, who were admitted to Rajawadi Hospital, were also discharged on Tuesday. They were all taken to a court, which granted them bail," said senior inspector Ganesh Gaikwad.
On Sunday, a large mob, allegedly comprising political activists and members of the BJP and the MNS, had gone to a slum in Neelam Nagar, Mulund and started destroying it.
- Retail inflation is overstated
- On show in Pak is retribalisation of the state
- Remembering Giani Zail Singh
- Pricing fiats by state are counter-productive and ineffective
- Punish the guilty of AgustaWestland, but also fix the weak links
- Clarity is needed on the supremacy of legislature, and its limits, in its own sphere