Mulund violence: BJP, MNS MLAs arrested
- Nitish trying to cheat Bihar, says Modi; CM replies PM disturbed with falling Sensex, GDP
- Manipur violence: Toll up to eight, three killed in police firing
- India script history, register first series win in Sri Lanka after 22 years
- Sheena, Mikhail my children, ready to undergo DNA test: Siddharth Das
- Market loses its nerve on weak GDP, Sensex tumbles 587 points
Navghar police on Tuesday arrested BJP MLA Sardar Tara Singh and Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) MLA Shishir Shinde for allegedly leading a mob that burned illegal hutments in Neelam Nagar, Mulund on Sunday. Police said both leaders were summoned to station for inquiries and arrived on Tuesday.
"We arrested both of them. Apart from them, the seven corporators booked in the case, who were admitted to Rajawadi Hospital, were also discharged on Tuesday. They were all taken to a court, which granted them bail," said senior inspector Ganesh Gaikwad.
On Sunday, a large mob, allegedly comprising political activists and members of the BJP and the MNS, had gone to a slum in Neelam Nagar, Mulund and started destroying it.