Mumbai attacks: Police reveal names of terrorists
- Hunt on for Malaysian Airlines: Stolen passports, missing debris fuel fears of foul play
- Raj Thackeray warms up to Narendra Modi, lets Sena feel the heat
- Rs 25,000 cr: CAG sees biggest ever J&K land scam
- Uttar Pradesh BJP wants tickets for four riot-accused MLAs
- Haryana, Gujarat top industry-friendly states, Maharashtra among bottom five
Police have obtained the names of nine terrorists, killed in encounter during November 26 terror attack on Mumbai, from Mohammed Ajmal Amir Iman who was caught alive and is in police custody, a senior police official said.
The two persons who attacked the Chhatrapati Shivjai Terminus and Cama Hospital have been identified as Ismail Khan alias Abu Ismail from Dera Ismail Khan and Mohammed Ajmal Amir Iman alias Abu Mujahid from Okara, the arrested terrorist, Joint Commissioner of Police (Crime) Rakesh Maria said.
Those who attacked Taj Hotel in South Mumbai were identified as Hafeez Arshad alias Bada Abdul Rehman from Multan, Javed alias Abu Ali from Okara, Shoaib alias Soheb from Sialkot and Nazeer alias Abu Umer from Faisalabad, he said.
Nasir alias Abu Umar from Faisalabad and Babar Imran alias Abu Akasha from Multan are the two terrorists who attacked the Jewish community centre in Nariman house in the Colaba area, Maria said.
Abdul Rehman alias Abdul Rehman Chhota from Multan and Fahadullah alias Abu Fahad from Okara were the duo who attacked the Trident Oberoi hotel, he said.
"Shoaib, who was 20-years-old was the youngest of the group while Nasir was the oldest at 28," Maria said.
Nasir is suspected to have been married and his wife either died or divorced him, he said, adding that the average age of the members of the group was between 23 to 25 years.
Nasir, Nazeer and Ismail Khan, allegedly the leader of the group, had participated in terror missions earlier, Maria said.
He refused to specify any details of their previous missions.
"All of them were given the aliases during training to prevent them from knowing each others original names," Maria said. The terrorists are suspected to have been trained for over a year at four locations in Pakistan.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress