Mumbai: Bal Thackeray passes away, Mumbai airport cut off, food, water scarce
- Maharashtra: Building collapses in Thane district, several feared trapped
- Nation pays tribute to Abdul Kalam, funeral in Rameswaram on July 30
- SC bench differs on Yakub's execution, refers plea to larger bench
- 'Your indebted student': Kalam's advisor pays tribute to former President on Facebook
- Gurdaspur attack: GPS shows terror team, got drug cartel help too
As a precursor to what lies ahead for fliers tomorrow, cab and auto rickshaw services from the city airports are shut following death of Shiv Sena patriarch Bal Thackeray today.
City-side services like cab and auto from the domestic airport at Santacruz and international airport at Sahar in Andheri will not operate tomorrow as a mark of respect for the departed soul, authorities said.
Meanwhile, Central Railway has cancelled the megablocks on Central and Harbour line services tomorrow to facilitate people to attend last rites of the Sena leader.
For the common people, news is filtering in that water, food and other basic items are running scarce.
Neighbourhood shops are closed and that is also the case with all business establishments, ensuring discomfort for all, especially for women and little children.
News is also filtering in that people in medical emergencies are finding it extremely tough to reach hospitals, even if they have their own vehicles as they are being repeatedly stopped and even turned back.