Mumbai: Bal Thackeray passes away, Mumbai airport cut off, food, water scarce
- Rail Budget 2015: No hike in passenger fares, Prabhu promises modern rail network
- Rail Budget: Ally Shiv Sena not satisfied, but Mulayam says Prabhu has done a 'good job'
- Rail Budget futuristic and passenger centric: PM Modi
- PDP, BJP thrash out differences; all clear for Mufti-Modi meeting tomorrow
- Hummer horror: Senior policeman suspended for secretly meeting Kerala businessman
As a precursor to what lies ahead for fliers tomorrow, cab and auto rickshaw services from the city airports are shut following death of Shiv Sena patriarch Bal Thackeray today.
City-side services like cab and auto from the domestic airport at Santacruz and international airport at Sahar in Andheri will not operate tomorrow as a mark of respect for the departed soul, authorities said.
Meanwhile, Central Railway has cancelled the megablocks on Central and Harbour line services tomorrow to facilitate people to attend last rites of the Sena leader.
For the common people, news is filtering in that water, food and other basic items are running scarce.
Neighbourhood shops are closed and that is also the case with all business establishments, ensuring discomfort for all, especially for women and little children.
News is also filtering in that people in medical emergencies are finding it extremely tough to reach hospitals, even if they have their own vehicles as they are being repeatedly stopped and even turned back.