Mumbai girl stabbed by college mate dies
- Rail Budget 2015: No hike in passenger fares, Prabhu promises modern rail network
- Rail Budget: Ally Shiv Sena not satisfied, but Mulayam says Prabhu has done a 'good job'
- Rail Budget futuristic and passenger centric: PM Modi
- PDP, BJP thrash out differences; all clear for Mufti-Modi meeting tomorrow
- Hummer horror: Senior policeman suspended for secretly meeting Kerala businessman
A 19-year-old girl, who was critical after being repeatedly stabbed by her spurned lover at a college in suburban Bandra three days ago, succumbed to her injuries at a hospital on Tuesday, police said.
The victim died early morning, Namdev Chavan Zonal Deputy Commissioner of police said.
The girl, who was admitted in a critical condition to the Gurunanak hospital in Bandra, was on ventilator since December 22 after she was attacked by her college mate Nikhil Bankar several times with a knife, injuring her seriously in different parts of the body.
The 22-year-old boy also committed suicide after the incident that day.
Nikhil and the victim were studying management at the college and recently had a break-up.
According to police, Nikhil had accosted the girl and three of her friends while they were on their way to the classroom in the morning, and during a heated argument between the two, Nikhil whipped out a knife from his bag and slashed her several times.
Later, Nikhil stabbed himself around 4-5 times and also slashed his neck. He had died during admission to the hospital that day itself, police added.