Mumbai girl stabbed by former boyfriend dies
- SC stays Teesta Setalvad's arrest till Friday
- Arvind Kejriwal meets PM Modi, raises issue of statehood
- We moved from politics of agitation to politics of hope, says Yogendra Yadav
- After Modi's rap, BJP workers shelve NaMo temple project in Rajkot
- Nitish parades his numbers, Bihar Governor calls Manjhi for floor test
After battling for life for three days, a 19-year-old girl who had been stabbed by her classmate and former boyfriend on their college campus died on Tuesday.
Payal Balsara had been rushed to Guru Nanak Hospital in Bandra on Saturday and put on ventilator support after Nikhil Bankar (22) stabbed her several times with a knife, before stabbing himself to death.
Bankar had accosted the girl and three of her friends on their way to the classroom on December 22 morning. Following an argument, Nikhil attacked Payal with a knife, stabbed himself 4-5 times and slashed his own throat, according to the police.
Both were rushed to the hospital where Nikhil was declared dead on arrival. Doctors had to perform repeat surgeries on Payal to prevent internal bleeding and gangrene.
According to police, Payal and Nikhil were students of Bachelor in Management Studies at Chetana college. They were in a relationship but Payal stopped talking to him after her parents opposed. Thereafter, Nikhil started stalking and troubling Payal.
The matter was reported to the college management which warned Nikhil of strict action if he didn't stop the harassment.