Mumbai girl stabbed by former boyfriend dies
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
After battling for life for three days, a 19-year-old girl who had been stabbed by her classmate and former boyfriend on their college campus died on Tuesday.
Payal Balsara had been rushed to Guru Nanak Hospital in Bandra on Saturday and put on ventilator support after Nikhil Bankar (22) stabbed her several times with a knife, before stabbing himself to death.
Bankar had accosted the girl and three of her friends on their way to the classroom on December 22 morning. Following an argument, Nikhil attacked Payal with a knife, stabbed himself 4-5 times and slashed his own throat, according to the police.
Both were rushed to the hospital where Nikhil was declared dead on arrival. Doctors had to perform repeat surgeries on Payal to prevent internal bleeding and gangrene.
According to police, Payal and Nikhil were students of Bachelor in Management Studies at Chetana college. They were in a relationship but Payal stopped talking to him after her parents opposed. Thereafter, Nikhil started stalking and troubling Payal.
The matter was reported to the college management which warned Nikhil of strict action if he didn't stop the harassment.