Mumbai girl stabbed by former boyfriend dies
- Venkaiah targets Rahul, says PM Modi's foreign tours a national duty, not secretive
- Woman gangraped by five men in Delhi
- Bihar polls likely in Sept-Oct, CEC calls it 'mother of all elections'
- Kejriwal attacks Gamlin, Kiren Rijiju says AAP govt insulting NE people
- A life less ordinary: Murali Vijay speaks about his troubled personal life
After battling for life for three days, a 19-year-old girl who had been stabbed by her classmate and former boyfriend on their college campus died on Tuesday.
Payal Balsara had been rushed to Guru Nanak Hospital in Bandra on Saturday and put on ventilator support after Nikhil Bankar (22) stabbed her several times with a knife, before stabbing himself to death.
Bankar had accosted the girl and three of her friends on their way to the classroom on December 22 morning. Following an argument, Nikhil attacked Payal with a knife, stabbed himself 4-5 times and slashed his own throat, according to the police.
Both were rushed to the hospital where Nikhil was declared dead on arrival. Doctors had to perform repeat surgeries on Payal to prevent internal bleeding and gangrene.
According to police, Payal and Nikhil were students of Bachelor in Management Studies at Chetana college. They were in a relationship but Payal stopped talking to him after her parents opposed. Thereafter, Nikhil started stalking and troubling Payal.
The matter was reported to the college management which warned Nikhil of strict action if he didn't stop the harassment.