Mumbai Indians among top-150 most valuable team brands
- After arrest, Jitender Singh Tomar resigns as Delhi Law Minister
- Army begins operation near Myanmar border, kills militants involved in Manipur ambush
- Joint CP Mukesh Kumar Meena hits back, says he took charge at ACB under L-G's orders
- Congress president Sonia Gandhi accuses PM Modi of 'U-turns, falsehoods'
- UP minister booked for burning journalist to death over Facebook post
IPL franchise Mumbai Indians is among the world's 150 most valuable sports team brands according to a list topped by English football giants Manchester United, which has a brand value of USD 852 millions.
In the assessment of brand values of all major sports teams worldwide done by a London-based brand valuation firm, the Mukesh Ambani-owned team found the 146th position with a brand value worth USD 48 millions, followed by Chennai Super Kings at USD 45 millions.
The firm, Brand Finance plc, had compiled the list of the world's 250 most valuable sports teams, including football clubs and teams from the NFL, NHL, NBA, MLB and the Indian Premier League as on June 1 last year.
The inaugural IPL champions, Rajasthan Royals (USD 27 millions), have the least brand value among the other teams in the competition.
Despite cricket being one of the the world's biggest sport, the total value of IPL teams is just USD 321 million, the research claimed.
As per the average team brand value for different sports, the cricket event has USD 35 million brand value.