Mumbai Police targets couples, beats retreat
- If Land Bill has anything against farmers, I'm ready to change it, says PM Modi
- Essar Leaks: ‘Guests are very important people... Kindly see they are comfortable’
- Mufti to head 25-member cabinet; PM to attend his swearing-in on Sunday
- Economic Survey pegs India's growth at over 8 percent, says inflation easing
- Rail budget missed the opportunity to lay out an agenda for the future, writes Nitish
Additional CP (special branch) Naval Bajaj refused to comment.
On Thursday, four couples were booked by the police in suburban Powai for indecent behaviour in public. The police, however, denied that the crackdown had been prompted by the advisory.
"It was routine action. We frequently get complaints from residents around the Powai Vihar lake about couples indulging in indecent behaviour, and act against them. The four couples picked up on Thursday were released after being fined Rs 1,200 each under section 110 of the Bombay Police Act," said senior police inspector Bajirao Bhosale of Powai police station.