Mumbai top Indian infrastructure city: Survey
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Mumbai (134) has emerged the top Indian city in terms of infrastructure in a latest worldwide survey by HR consultancy Mercer. It is followed by Kolkata (141), New Delhi (153), Chennai (168) and Bangalore (170).
But your metro is not the best city to live in the country. On that count, technology hub Bangalore (139) and national capital New Delhi (143) have left Mumbai (146) behind.
"Bangalore's rise can be attributed to positive ratings for international schools suitable for expatriates," the report said.
No Indian city could, however, find a place on the global list topped by Vienna, Zurich and Auckland. Other top 10 cities are Munich in fourth place, followed by Vancouver. Dusseldorf dropped one place to six, followed by Frankfurt, Geneva and Copenhagen. Bern and Sydney tied in 10th place.
In Asia-Pacific, Australian and New Zealand cities are ranked higher. Sydney is at 11, Wellington 13, Melbourne 18 and Perth 21th.
Mercer's list covers 221 cities with New York the base city.