Mumbai top Indian infrastructure city: Survey
- India's naval might on full display off Visakhapatnam coast
- Kerala solar scam: Had freedom to enter Chandy’s house anytime, says Saritha Nair
- Australian national suspected to be IS supporter deported from Delhi airport
- At least 39 dead as Gujarat state transport bus plunges into river
- Cops have a case for new juvenile law: boy who ‘killed 2’
Mumbai (134) has emerged the top Indian city in terms of infrastructure in a latest worldwide survey by HR consultancy Mercer. It is followed by Kolkata (141), New Delhi (153), Chennai (168) and Bangalore (170).
But your metro is not the best city to live in the country. On that count, technology hub Bangalore (139) and national capital New Delhi (143) have left Mumbai (146) behind.
"Bangalore's rise can be attributed to positive ratings for international schools suitable for expatriates," the report said.
No Indian city could, however, find a place on the global list topped by Vienna, Zurich and Auckland. Other top 10 cities are Munich in fourth place, followed by Vancouver. Dusseldorf dropped one place to six, followed by Frankfurt, Geneva and Copenhagen. Bern and Sydney tied in 10th place.
In Asia-Pacific, Australian and New Zealand cities are ranked higher. Sydney is at 11, Wellington 13, Melbourne 18 and Perth 21th.
- No proof required: MGNREGA does not help poor
- Male-dominated ‘places of worship’ are places where god doesn’t reside
- As Sushma visits Lanka, India should invest its diplomatic capital in finding constitutional solution
- There is talk of 4th industrial revolution. How about spreading the benefits of the preceding three
- It Made China See Red
- Modi’s Idea of India - 2