Mumbai top Indian infrastructure city: Survey
- L-G Jung functioning as if there is President's Rule in Delhi: Sisodia
- Suicide car bomb kills at least 6, injures 9 in Kabul
- VIDEO: Teased by bodyguard, Agra woman smashes SP leader's Mercedes
- Amid Delhi Chief Secy row, at least dozen govt officers ready to leave city
- Modi govt calls for 'fitting' commemoration of Rajiv Gandhi death anniversary
Mumbai (134) has emerged the top Indian city in terms of infrastructure in a latest worldwide survey by HR consultancy Mercer. It is followed by Kolkata (141), New Delhi (153), Chennai (168) and Bangalore (170).
But your metro is not the best city to live in the country. On that count, technology hub Bangalore (139) and national capital New Delhi (143) have left Mumbai (146) behind.
"Bangalore's rise can be attributed to positive ratings for international schools suitable for expatriates," the report said.
No Indian city could, however, find a place on the global list topped by Vienna, Zurich and Auckland. Other top 10 cities are Munich in fourth place, followed by Vancouver. Dusseldorf dropped one place to six, followed by Frankfurt, Geneva and Copenhagen. Bern and Sydney tied in 10th place.
In Asia-Pacific, Australian and New Zealand cities are ranked higher. Sydney is at 11, Wellington 13, Melbourne 18 and Perth 21th.
Mercer's list covers 221 cities with New York the base city.