Mumbai underground: IITís non-tech worries
- GST Bill in Rajya Sabha this week, Jaitley to discuss amendments with state finance ministers
- Narsingh Yadav fails dope test, Rio 2016 Olympics participation under threat
- AAP MLA Amanatullah Khan arrested for threatening a woman
- Kin of missing AN-32 passengers, crew: Across the country, they wait for word, hoping and praying
- Kashmir unrest: Of 317 with pellet injuries in action by CRPF, over 50% have been hit in eye
Insight, the IIT Bombay student media body, is conducting surveys on life and rules on campus. It is seeking student opinion on whether the basic 10 am to 7 pm rule for entry of opposite sex in hotels is an inconvenience.
Another 'fact-finding' online survey attempts to know if IITians are satisfied with their social life on campus.
The questions include if students find it difficult to strike conversations with non-IITians, frequency of eating/drinking outside, if girls feel 'objectified' by boys off campus and how much thought is put to dressing up on a daily basis.
Lala, ooh la la
As special judge I M Bohari was explaining the counts on which NRI beautician Nooriya Haveliwala was held guilty in a case of drunken driving, lawyer Subhash Lala rushed in and interrupted. He wanted to know if the judge had called for him.
In a lighter vein, Bohari immediately said he was keen to know why Lala's name was repeated in the movie Dirty Picture. Confused, Lala wondered aloud what the judge meant. To which, Bohari sang, "Ooh la la... Ooh la la...", resulting in an uproar in court.
Raising the garbage collection problem in his ward, Congress corporator Asif Zakaria pleaded with additional municipal commissioner Mohan Adtani to visit Bandra and see the deteriorating situation for himself. When Adtani agreed, Zakaria quickly added, "Great. But please come unnannounced, problems have a way of sorting themselves out before the addditional municipal commissioner makes an appearance."
Food for the seas
- Kashmir unrest: A to-do list for PM Modi
- Not too late to reverse an ugliness spreading in the name of our sacred cows
- Arvind Kejriwal is uncomfortable with anyone with a mind of his own
- Not just the Arunachal switch but the choice of Sheila Dikshit for the UP are warnings to the BJP
- Gujarat unrest shows while Dalit lives have improved, conflict has increased
- Zakir Naik is ‘protected’ as an Indian citizen but he considers himself a Muslim first