Mumbai underground: IITís non-tech worries
- India's naval might on full display off Visakhapatnam coast
- Kerala solar scam: Had freedom to enter Chandy’s house anytime, says Saritha Nair
- Australian national suspected to be IS supporter deported from Delhi airport
- At least 39 dead as Gujarat state transport bus plunges into river
- Cops have a case for new juvenile law: boy who ‘killed 2’
Insight, the IIT Bombay student media body, is conducting surveys on life and rules on campus. It is seeking student opinion on whether the basic 10 am to 7 pm rule for entry of opposite sex in hotels is an inconvenience.
Another 'fact-finding' online survey attempts to know if IITians are satisfied with their social life on campus.
The questions include if students find it difficult to strike conversations with non-IITians, frequency of eating/drinking outside, if girls feel 'objectified' by boys off campus and how much thought is put to dressing up on a daily basis.
Lala, ooh la la
As special judge I M Bohari was explaining the counts on which NRI beautician Nooriya Haveliwala was held guilty in a case of drunken driving, lawyer Subhash Lala rushed in and interrupted. He wanted to know if the judge had called for him.
In a lighter vein, Bohari immediately said he was keen to know why Lala's name was repeated in the movie Dirty Picture. Confused, Lala wondered aloud what the judge meant. To which, Bohari sang, "Ooh la la... Ooh la la...", resulting in an uproar in court.
Raising the garbage collection problem in his ward, Congress corporator Asif Zakaria pleaded with additional municipal commissioner Mohan Adtani to visit Bandra and see the deteriorating situation for himself. When Adtani agreed, Zakaria quickly added, "Great. But please come unnannounced, problems have a way of sorting themselves out before the addditional municipal commissioner makes an appearance."
Food for the seas
- No proof required: MGNREGA does not help poor
- Male-dominated ‘places of worship’ are places where god doesn’t reside
- As Sushma visits Lanka, India should invest its diplomatic capital in finding constitutional solution
- There is talk of 4th industrial revolution. How about spreading the benefits of the preceding three
- It Made China See Red
- Modi’s Idea of India - 2