Mumbai Underground: Ride at your own Risk
- SC stays release of all the seven convicts in the Rajiv Gandhi assassination case
- Rahul Gandhi slams Salman Khurshid over 'impotent' remark against Narendra Modi
- Admiral DK Joshi was disturbed, requested me to accept resignation: AK Antony
- Narendra Modi beats Rahul Gandhi in popularity, says US think tank
- Lok Sabha polls: For Paswan & son, Gujarat 2002 is history for 2014
An over-cautious MMRDA made the media sign indemnity forms before a recent monorail test ride. Metropolitan commissioner Rahul Asthana and chief secretary Jayant Banthia were not spared either.
SUPARI FROM CM?
After Uddhav Thackeray hit out at NCP chief Sharad Pawar, union leader Sharad Rao of NCP hit back at the Shiv Sena president.
He said Thackeray had taken a supari from CM Prithviraj Chavan. Rao also said Sena was losing ground in the state. "It is a known fact not even 5,000-6,000 workers participated in the Shiv Sena-led morcha in Azad Maidan."
India rugby international Dayanand Sutar played a kabaddi match for his team, Government Railway Police, at Khel Kheladu Mahotsav, a community sports event held in the city.
There were others multi-tasking too, as four international women hockey players took the field in rink football. Hockey World-Cupper and Commonwealth gold- and silver-medalist Sanggai Chanu and teammates Ranjita, Sanarika and Pepe appeared for Bandra Packers at Goregaon.
Mumbai police commissioner Satyapal Singh is known to improvise when speaking at public functions.
But no one expected him to come up with something at the passing-out parade of the first batch of women commandos in Chembur Monday evening.
Just as the function was concluding after top performers of the batch had been awarded, Singh exchanged a few words with additional commissioner of police (east region) Quaiser Khalid.
After ascertaining that the women had undergone commando training for 45 days, he happily announced a cash prize of Rs 450 to each of the 43 who formed the first batch.
Though the announcement was received enthusiastically by the new commandos, other cops assembled were left a little perplexed and only half-heartedly applauded the meagre award.
- Fancy numbers: RTO in PCMC earns Rs 8 crore
- Alarm in Ukraine as Putin orders surprise army drills on border
- Arrests made but two sensational murders still unsolved
- Infosys ex-CFO not to contest polls for AAP
- Monsoon, not Manmohan, led to agri growth: Yashwant
- Now, BJP workers to donate blood equal to Modi’s weight