Mumbai Underground: Ride at your own Risk
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Kejriwal holds roadshow in Varanasi before filing nomination
- Mulayam Yadav calls Narendra Modi a liar, says he changes 500 kurtas a day
- Bhavnagar model: Muslim buys house, canât move in
- 12-yr-olds also voted in this Bihar village
- Shazia says Muslims should become 'communal' when they vote
An over-cautious MMRDA made the media sign indemnity forms before a recent monorail test ride. Metropolitan commissioner Rahul Asthana and chief secretary Jayant Banthia were not spared either.
SUPARI FROM CM?
After Uddhav Thackeray hit out at NCP chief Sharad Pawar, union leader Sharad Rao of NCP hit back at the Shiv Sena president.
He said Thackeray had taken a supari from CM Prithviraj Chavan. Rao also said Sena was losing ground in the state. "It is a known fact not even 5,000-6,000 workers participated in the Shiv Sena-led morcha in Azad Maidan."
India rugby international Dayanand Sutar played a kabaddi match for his team, Government Railway Police, at Khel Kheladu Mahotsav, a community sports event held in the city.
There were others multi-tasking too, as four international women hockey players took the field in rink football. Hockey World-Cupper and Commonwealth gold- and silver-medalist Sanggai Chanu and teammates Ranjita, Sanarika and Pepe appeared for Bandra Packers at Goregaon.
Mumbai police commissioner Satyapal Singh is known to improvise when speaking at public functions.
But no one expected him to come up with something at the passing-out parade of the first batch of women commandos in Chembur Monday evening.
Just as the function was concluding after top performers of the batch had been awarded, Singh exchanged a few words with additional commissioner of police (east region) Quaiser Khalid.
After ascertaining that the women had undergone commando training for 45 days, he happily announced a cash prize of Rs 450 to each of the 43 who formed the first batch.
Though the announcement was received enthusiastically by the new commandos, other cops assembled were left a little perplexed and only half-heartedly applauded the meagre award.
- Missing plane MH370: Australia plans to use system that found Titanic
- Nandurbar helps me win in Gujarat, it will now help me win India: Narendra Modi
- Run Away Style
- Stakes high for AIADMK, DMK as TN goes to polls
- Six Bengal constituencies go to poll tomorrow in second phase
- Whistleblower alleged kickbacks, favours in ‘thin client’ procurement; NDA never completed inquiry