Munaf Patel wreaks havoc as Baroda register innings win
- Cricketer Mohd Kaif, Nilekani, Ravi Kishen among 194 in Congress' first list of candidates for the Lok Sabha polls
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- Ink attack on AAP leader Yogendra Yadav at Jantar Mantar
Pacer Munaf Patel's six-wicket haul helped Baroda humiliate Services in an emphatic innings and 147 runs win after the visiting side was sent packing for just 31 in its second essay on day three in their Ranji Trophy Group B encounter in Vadodara on Monday.
Responding to Baroda's first innings total of 369 after being bowled out for 191 in their own first essay, Services were demolished by the pace combination of Munaf and Gagandeep Singh, who took four in this innings.
Baroda, who pocketed the bonus point as well to take a total of seven from this match, now have 14 points overall from two wins and three losses.
Services, in contrast, are bottom of the heap after two losses and four draws.
Overnight 2/1, Services produced a shocking batting performance as half of their line-up departed without disturbing the scorecard.
Vishnu Tiwari was the lone batsman to touch the double-digit mark with his 14. In fact, the innings extras of 7 were the next big contributors to the Services' embarrassing scoreline.
Munaf was the star of the show for Baroda with a match haul of 10 wickets. His figures this innings read an enviable 6 for 13 from 10 overs, four of them maiden.
Services: 191 and 31 in 20 overs (Munaf Patel 6/13,
Gagandeep Singh 4/11)