Municipal school shut since Sept, fate of over 500 students uncertain
- PDP, BJP seal alliance to form government in Jammu & Kashmir
- RK Pachauri, accused of sexual harassment, quits UN climate change panel
- Centre's land bill is anti-farmer, says Kejriwal at Anna protest rally
- SpiceJet launches low-fare offer for Holi; one lakh seats on the block
- BJP defends Bhagwat, claims Mother Teresa admitted she was not a social worker
Though the authorities claimed that the work will start soon, the actual situation states otherwise. "The plan has been prepared. It has to be approved by the municipal corporation's Road and Buildings Committee. This will be followed by tenders. We have made arrangements for the students but such issues are tend to happen," said the chairman of municipal school board Jagdish Bhavsar.
The fact is that when the authorities were already aware about the bad condition of the old building, no timely action was taken. Hardly any action as taken until the building was accorded the status of extremely dangerous and to be vacated immediately by the inspection team.