Murder accused shot at inside court complex
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- Raj Thackeray warms up to Narendra Modi, lets Sena feel the heat
- Uttar Pradesh BJP wants tickets for four riot-accused MLAs
- Haryana, Gujarat top industry-friendly states, Maharashtra among bottom five
A man accused in a murder case was today shot at inside the Rohini Court complex here while he was being escorted by policemen to the courtroom from the lock up.
Naveen, facing trial for allegedly murdering a man, was shot in the chest twice with a country-made pistol by two unidentified assailants while he was being taken to the court of Additional Sessions Judge Sanjeev Kumar for hearing in the murder case.
After the shootout, Narela resident Naveen was taken to Ambedkar Hospital.
The police have detained the mother and sister of the person, in whose murder case Naveen along with two others is facing trial, who were present at the spot.
The police said the victim's mother and sister had been given police security and had come to court with a PSO in an cab.
After entering from gate no.4, the cab was parked near, the lock-up and as soon as Naveen was brought out, he was shot, at twice by a country-made pistol, they said, adding adding they are investigating whether one of the two women or somebody else shot at Naveen.
The crime team has reached the spot and seized the ecco mcab. The country-made pistol was still lying at the site.
Advocate B S Rana, appearing for Naveen in the murder case, said he was granted two-day interim bail yesterday by the court and was to be released on February 23 from jail on interim bail.
"The mother and sister of the victim in the murder case had yesterday also opposed his release on interim bail. May be they were upset with him getting bail and hence shot him today," he alleged.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress