Murder charge against SP MLA in Nandi attack case
- David Headley connects the dots: Hafiz Saeed, ISI, failed Mumbai attacks
- David Headley: Travelled to India 8 times, changed name for passport
- Rs 1.14 lakh crore of bad debts: The great government bank write-off
- Caste came up in 3 suicide probes at Hyderabad University
- Uttar Pradesh has been turned into 'Islamic state': Sena mouthpiece on Ghulam Ali concert
A district court on Monday framed charges against SP MLA Vijay Mishra and 15 other accused in the case of a bomb attack on former BSP minister Nand Gopal Gupta Nandi on July 12, 2010. The Indian Express reporter Vijay Pratap Singh and BSP worker Rakesh Malviya were killed and three others were injured in the incident.
The chargesheet was filed against the accused a year after the incident. There are a total of 16 accused in the case and only Mishra is out on bail.
Special Judge Vikar Ahmed Ansari framed charges under Section 302 (murder), 307 (attempt to murder), 429 (mischief by killing), 120-B (criminal conspiracy) of the IPC against the accused. The court framed charges against them under different sections of the Explosives Substances Act as well as the Gangster Act. The accused have also been framed under the Criminal Law Amendment Act.
Apart from Mishra, some of the other accused are Rajesh Pilot, who was allegedly hired by the main accused to kill Nandi, Kripa Shankar Pandey, Rajesh Yadav, Manoj Pandey, Jitendra Pandey, Mahendra Mishra, Purshottam Dubey, Subhash Vishwakarma, Mohammad Rafiq and Jaishankar Vishwakarma. Dilip Mishra, a relative of Vijay Mishra, is also an accused in the case.
"The court has fixed December 20 as the next date of hearing. The case will move to the next stage where witnesses would be examined," said a prosecution officer.
- Government must resolve growing burden of non-performing assets
- Outrage over police assault on students is meaningless
- Right to a toilet: For the health, dignity and safety of women in slums
- Raja-Mandala: Maritime India versus Continental Delhi
- The Akhilesh-Mulayam duet
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress