Murder convict who robbed passengers by offering rides arrested
- Aamir Khan responds, says 'Proud to be Indian, stand by what I said'
- GST is in the interest of the nation, says PM Modi at all-party meet
- Rescued Russian pilot says no warning from Turkey before jet downed
- 'Suit boot ki sarkar' is failing because there are no jobs: Rahul Gandhi
- BJP strategy in Parliament: Aggression is the best form of defense
The Haryana Police Monday arrested a Jalandhar resident on charges of offering lifts to people and then robbing on the way. The accused, Joginder Singh, had previously murdered a Switzerland-based NRI Inderjit Singh and dumped his body in Karnal in 2004. He was arrested by the police on charges of murder and sentenced to life imprisonment in 2007, but managed to escape from police custody in November 2008.
While out of jail, he started offering lifts to people and robbing them off their belongings. He was arrested Monday on charges of robbing an elderly couple in November 2012 at Indri road turn in Karnal.
The Karnal Police's Crime Branch was entrusted with the task of investigating the robbery case in which an elderly couple was offered a lift on November 20 and allegedly robbed off their belongings and cash by Joginder.
- Newspaper is supposed to expose corruption and injustice wherever it finds it
- For many Bangladeshis, they hint at closure for 1971
- The big question: Proper returns to farmers
- Delhi HC versus DDCA
- Frequent promulgation of ordinances has more to do with managerial ethos
- Indian peacekeeping abroad: Samantha Power shows some deft diplomacy