Murdered traderís car parked at AIIMS: Cops
- Congress says Togadia spreading venom; EC seeks recording of alleged hate speech
- Akhilesh Yadav tears into Narendra Modi bastion on maiden visit to Gujarat, says third front ready to govern
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- IPL 7: CSK register 93-run victory over hapless DD
Chittar Mal Jain's body was found in Delhi Cantonment area last week; pan card, cigarette butts recovered from car.
A week after the body of a 50-year-old businessman was found in Delhi Cantonment area, Southwest Delhi, police on Thursday recovered his Hyundai Accent car from the parking lot of the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS). Police said a parking attendant at AIIMS informed them of a "suspicious vehicle" in the parking lot.
While checking on all possible motives behind the murder, police are also looking into the possibility of a property dispute within the family.
Chittar Mal Jain, who runs 'Deluxe Store' grocery store in Defence Colony and a chemist shop, was found dead in Delhi Cantonment on October 27. Police said he was shot in the head with a 9 mm pistol from point-blank range. His gold chain, wallet and cellphone were missing.
After questioning Jain's family members, investigators said Jain had left his Block-5, Lodhi Colony, home at 7.30 pm on October 26. He told his family he was going to attend a function at the Jain Mandir in Lodhi Colony. He was also the vice-president of the temple's Management Committee.
His call records revealed that Jain spoke to his daughter at 9.30 pm. He told her that he would return home in another two hours, police said.
When Jain did not return home till the next morning, the family approached police and a missing person case was registered at the Lodhi Colony police station.
Within hours police recovered a body from an isolated location in Delhi Cantonment and the family identified it as Jain.
Sources said Jain was killed and the body dumped in Delhi Cantonment later. The killer then drove the Accent to AIIMS and parked the car there. The parking attendant is being questioned for details on the appearance of the man who came to park the vehicle.
- On Day 2 in Amethi, Kejriwal woos Muslims
- After Tytler self-goal, Capt goes on defensive
- To prevent polarisation, EC tells Delhi Police ‘don’t publicise work’
- Togadia ‘hate speech’: EC seeks report, police begin probe
- JuD chief: Hindus safe in Pak unlike Muslims in Gujarat
- In this TN seat, Cong, BJP and AAP take centrestage