Music company owner booked for abducting agent
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day, halfway mark crossed
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- April 17 poll roundup: Rajnath says only Modi will be PM; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs RCB: Rahul breaks solid stand, Patel departs
Versova Police have booked a music company owner and aides, including a cop, for allegedly kidnapping and threatening an agent and his girlfriend.
They said Milind Nikhade, owner of music company MDPL who was also a builder, told Siddharth Mehta to arrange a Rs 11-crore bank loan for a construction project three months ago. Mehta demanded 10 per cent of the loan in advance. After allegedly getting Rs 11 lakh from Nikhade two months ago, Mehta allegedly disappeared.
On Tuesday, he claimed, Nikhade called him near Versova. Mehta and his girlfriend Sakinaka Ansari were standing outside a hotel in Four Bungalows when Nikhade, his driver and a policeman providing him security kidnapped them.
They threatened them and after a round of Juhu, Santacruz and other areas dropped them in Versova. "We pleaded with Nikhade to let us go," Mehta told police.
"We have detained the driver and booked Nikhade for kidnapping and threatening. We are ascertaining their motive," an officer said.
- Ready for elections: Parties
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs