Music Fest goes Mobile
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Last year, when Parth Lawate attended the Sawai Gandharva Bhimsen Mahotsav in Pune, he found that many people like him were stuck for information about schedules, venue and timings among others. Lawate put it on his reminder list to do something about this.
Now, Lawate and his team at Tekdi Web Solutions have created an Android application for the Google Apps store and a web-based application for other phones for the festival called Sawai 2012.
"It is a basic app that has only necessary information such as venue map, schedules and tickets. It can be accessed by anyone with a smartphone and we want to see the response this year," says 28-year-old Lawate, who worked on the project with Ashwin Date, Vishnu Pathare and Kirtikumar Pawar. The festival will be held from December 11-16.
"Next year, there will be a social network integration in the app. Right from Facebook, where one can upload live images and videos to even Twitter, where people can tweet with a Sawai hashtag, it will all be built into it," says Date.