Muslim board seeks donation to contest Ayodhya case in SC
- BJP nominee to Modi critics: You will soon be in Pak, not India
- China says no to Arunachal youth in India delegation, Minister says letâs call off trip
- Upar Narendra, neeche Bhupinder... new BJP slogan echoes in states of rivals
- Lok sabha polls: Tamizh Talkies
- On Rahul campaign, Sonia tells Amethi: âLike Indira, I gave my son to youâ
Anticipating that substantial funds will be required for contesting the Ayodhya case in the Supreme Court against the Allahabad high court verdict, All India Muslim Personal Law Board is seeking donations from community members.
The board, which has been monitoring the cases pertaining to the Ayodhya title suits since 1993, does not have a fund of its own and since the expenses this time are expected to be much higher, it is looking forward to help from common people.
According to a source in the board, AIMPLB plans to initially keep some fund separate for contesting the case in the apex court, keeping in mind the high fees of the counsels as well as huge amount of money required for filing appeals.
Zafaryab Jilani, an executive committee member and a senior counsel, said a decision to this effect was taken on October 16 last year during the 51-member working committee meet in Lucknow to decide on moving the supreme court against the high court judgement.
Jilani said though no public appeal for donation has been issued, a four-member group including Abdul Rahim Qureshi – who is looking after the court cases for the board – has been authorised to collect money for the purpose.
On September 30 last year, the Allahabad High Court had ruled that the 2.77 acre disputed land in Ayodhya be divided into three parts – one-third for the Sunni Waqf Board, one-third for the Nirmohi Akhara and one-third to the party for 'Ram Lalla'.