Muslim bodies prepare ground to take on SP-govt
- Modi dares China, asks it to give up âexpansionistâ plans
- Donât discriminate between Muslims and others on false cases: Purohit to Shinde
- Fraud Office gets govt nod to prosecute Radia firms
- âStingâ journalist who reported on Amit Shah gets VIP security
- Army said unit was headed for IAF drill, ex-Air Chief says this was due only a month later
The Samajwadi Party government is already on the backfoot after its Maharashra unit president and MLA Abu Asim Azmi vented his ire against the government stating that Muslims are not safe under SP rule. Even the Shahi Imam of Delhi's Jama Masjid Syed Ahmed Bukhari, who had supported the SP during the Assembly elections, has asked Muslims to reconsider their decision during Lok Sabha elections.
After the violence subsided in Faizabad, several Muslim organisations visited Faizabad and even the Muslims of the area arrived in Lucknow to meet Muslim clerics. Blaming the Akhilesh government, a joint front is being planned to corner the Chief Minister over the issue.
"I had visited Faizabad and adjoining areas, including Bhadarsa, which were affected by violence. After taking stock of the situation, we have some demands which will be raised before the CM Akhilesh Yadav," Arshad Madani, the chief of Jamaat-e-Ulema-e-Hind stated. Madani was accompanied by atleast 40 clerics and Muslim leaders who visited the area. He also stated that the demands mainly include a high level enquiry of the violence, adequate compensation to the victims and also stopping the arrest of innocents. The clerics also stated that victims who have suffered loss of several lakhs of rupees are being given meagre Rs 30000.
"I will personally meet Akhilesh and place my demands. Muslims have suffered a lot in these violence. Further, he should also take stern measures to prevent recurrance of such incidents," Madani stated.
On the other hand, several persons from Faizabad met Nadwi and apprised him of the situation at Faizabad. "Muslims are being selectively targetted in the SP regime. We need safety and security. Our loss should also be compensated and the guilty be punished," said Abdul Saleem, a resident of Faizabad, who had met Nadwi.
After the meeting, Nadwi who is also the rector of Darul Nadwatul Uloom, asked them to compile all the details about the incident. "We have been asked to get copies of FIR, expected loss and even those responsible behind the incident. All the papers will be handed to him," said Mansoor Ahmed, another resident who met Nadwi.
Not only this, a delegation also met Zafaryab Jilani who is the Additional Advocate General and apprised him about the situation. "Some people met me and they are responsible persons from that area. I had asked them to get me some vital information for presenting a realistic picture before the government. Definitely, we will meet CM Akhilesh Yadav and seek his intervention for getting justice to the victims," Jilani stated. He also stated that a list of victims whose loss is over Rs 20 lakhs has been sought from them. "I also have urged them to get a list of accused who have not been arrested so far by the police," he said.
- ‘Irrespective of the noise, BJP won’t get so many seats. There is craze for Modi, but how much translates into votes is difficult to say’
- Hindus should 'produce' at least 5 children, says VHP leader Ashok Singhal
- AMU teachers body to boycott Mulayam visit
- Mulayam, Akhilesh woo Brahmins, Muslims
- ‘Sting’ journalist who reported on Amit Shah gets VIP security
- Don’t discriminate between Muslims and others on false cases: Purohit writes to Shinde
- What should common man expect when PM’s killers are freed: Rahul on Jayalalithaa’s decision
- The regressive state | The Indian Express
- Top General speaks: Def Secy summoned me late night, said highest seat of power was worried, troops must go back quickly
- Modi: Happy that my speeches contribute to nation’s coffers | The Indian Express