Muslim family boycotted for refusal to donate land for graveyard in UP
- 15 security personnel killed as Naxals attack CRPF convoy in Chhattisgarh
- Malaysia military believes it has tracked missing jet over Strait of Malacca
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Narendra Modi's new found love for Bihar a ploy to win votes: Nitish Kumar
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
Talking to The Indian Express, Israr said, "About two months ago, the panchayat was held and I was summoned again to finally decide if I would donate my one bigha land for the graveyard or not. As I refused, the panchayat members unanimously ordered for the social boycott of my family. The panchayat directed that no villager will visit or talk to my family and will also not purchase vegetable from my shop."
The local fair price shop owner also refused to give grains and other commodities to him or his family, saidIsrar.
Unable to cope up with the situation, Israr dispatched complaints to the police and the administration through post last week. Since he did not get any response, Israr along with his family, left the village Wednesday. He says a group of locals plan to kill him for lodging the complaints.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express