Muslim forum slams Gehlot govt for inaction
- Live, Ind vs Aus: Quick strikes put India on top
- Bengal nun gangrape: First arrest made from Mumbai
- Germanwings crash: Chilling report says one pilot left cockpit, was unable to return
- If anything that is defamatory goes off, we will have a very boring Internet: Jaitley
- Hooda govt bent rules to favour Robert Vadra firm: CAG
Families of the dead have been given a total compensation of Rs 10 lakh each.
The Forum plans to take the issue to the UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi and AICC general secretary Rahul Gandhi, who had visited the town soon after the incident took place. "We hope Rahul Gandhi will take up the matter and fast-track the investigation. We will also approach the CBI director and the head of the Minorities Commission," Hasan said.
Mohammad Salim Engineer, national secretary, Jamaat-e-Islami Hind, said, "The ruling Congress party in the state is over confident that the Muslim community will support them and therefore they take us for granted. But now the entire community of the region is upset with the government for its inaction and apathy. If the government does not ensure that the guilty are punished soon, they will lose our support completely."
The Muslim community constitute roughly about 30 percent of the Mewati region including Bharatpur and Alwar in Ra jasthan that has been a stronghold of the Congress.