Muslim groups hail execution
- Winter session Day 1: Govt talks about misuse of word 'secularism', Sonia raises 'intolerance' debate
- Sheena murder: CBI seeks Interpol help, Peter Mukerjea's custody extended till Nov 30
- PPCC chief Bajwa and Jakhar made to resign as rejig in Punjab Congress imminent
- Constitution Day: The many reasons why the BJP decided to celebrate it
- India-Pakistan series to be played from December 15 in Sri Lanka: Rajiv Shukla
Muslim groups across Maharashtra welcomed the hanging of Pakistani terrorist Ajmal Kasab.
"People who come from across the border and murder innocent civilians deserve no mercy. Keeping him alive for so long was murder of justice. We, however, welcome this belated measure," Jamiat Ulema-e-Hind's Maharashtra unit Secretary Gulzar Azmi said.
Residents in the Muslim dominated areas of the city were unanimous that the perpetrator of the carnage deserved what he got. "In Islam, it is said that killing an innocent man is equivalent to killing entire humanity. In this case, this man killed countless helpless individuals. He deserved to be hanged," Shaikh Dabir, a retired teacher said.
Meanwhile, many Islamic scholars said that Kasab not only violated the laws of the country but also the Islamic code of conduct.
- Why every patriot should be worried, and, yes, ashamed
- Douglass North emphasised institutions when markets were the focus
- ‘Bovine Divine’ controversy lurched between the horrific and the comic
- PM Modi’s achievements abroad appear to cut little ice back home
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?