Muslim woman to head BJP's minority wing
- âThank the Lord he is dead, this son of a gunâ: Thatâs a lift from the epitaph Khushwant Singh wrote for himself
- 2G spectrum case: ED issues fresh summons to Karunanidhi's wife
- Gandhinagar seat: Modi meets Advani; BJP says 'no differences' over tickets
- One dead, three injured after train derails at Titwala
- Australia releases pictures of possible MH370 debris, four planes checking 2 objects
State BJP president Laxmikant Bajpai said, "The new team has been constituted in order to approach all sections and communities. This is the first time a Muslim woman will head a party wing and that is a positive move."
Former MLC Seema Rizvi, who died in 2009, was the last prominent Muslim woman in the party in UP. She was associated with the party's minority wing, but did not hold any post.
Under the party constitution, BJP nominates women on at least 33 per cent positions in the organisation. Bajpai said there are 41 women in the new 105-member state team. "Such a large number of women has been given positions in the party in order to approach every family in rural as well as urban areas," he said.