Muslims celebrate Eid Al-Adha across the country
- PM Modi discusses GST bill with Manmohan, Sonia at 7 RCR; Cong says demands non-political
- Withdraw convocation invite to Narendra Modi: Jamia Millia alumni to VC
- PoK will remain with Pakistan, J&K will remain with India: Farooq Abdullah
- Liquor ban in Bihar: Nitish Kumar's poll promise to women comes at a high cost
- Amarinder Singh appointed as new Punjab Cong President
Muslims all over the world are celebrating the festival of Eid Al Adha on Saturday. However, Muslims in Kerala celebrated the festival on Friday.
People across the Gulf region celebrated Eid Al Adha, the festival of sacrifice on Friday to marks the culmination of the Haj pilgrimage in Saudi Arabia.
Millions of pilgrims from all over the world gathered at the mount Arafat near Mecca for the final leg of the Hajj on Friday.
This year, the Hajj has been marred by heavy rains that flooded many cities, the city of Jeddah in Saudi Arabia is the worst affected.
Eid al-Adha, the festival of Sacrifice, commemorates Prophet's readiness to sacrifice his own son in obedience to God.
According to the Holy Quran, God appeared in Prophet Ibrahim's dream and asked him to sacrifice something that was most dear to him.
Prophet Ibrahim decided to sacrifice his own son, Ismail. However, when he put a knife on Ismail's throat, God replaced his son with a goat through a miracle.
- Good governance is in actions, not in 'abolishing' religious holidays of minorities
- Respecting sovereignty is the essence of bilateral diplomatic engagement
- Islam doesn’t justify targeting innocent lives in the manner in which it was done in Paris
- Imran Khan is a politician with a sense of personal destiny, and a divine mission
- Game upside down
- Why every patriot should be worried, and, yes, ashamed