Mussoorie to host 'Winterline Carnival' from December 27
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- Supreme Court issues notice to Goa Police, agrees to hear Tejpal's bail plea in sexual assault case
- India does not need a govt that makes Hindus fight Muslims: Rahul
- Giriraj Singh defiant despite FIR, says he stands by his 'Modi critics must go to Pak' remarks
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Pt Channulal Mishra backs Modi but Bismillah's family won't
For the entertainment of locals and tourists, Government of Uttarakhand would be organizing a three day cultural event the 'Mussoorie Winterline Carnival' starting from December 27th.
This cultural event aims not just to entertain, but also create awareness among visitors about arts, culture of the region and the unique environment found there.
"The carnival will be a cultural fiesta that showcases the art, culture and life in Uttarakhand. In addition, a wide variety of events are planned that will enthrall audiences with music, plays, performances as well as various activities," a statement reads.
The event also includes performances by some Bollywood singers, some well known designers and models.
"Various activities like heritage walk, run, cycling, mountain biking, rock climbing, etc are planned. We are trying to make the visit of tourists even more special by showcasing all that we have to offer in terms of beauty", says Dr BVRC Purushottam, District Magistrate, Dehradun.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota