Muzaffarnagar: Girl gangraped by 3 youths
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
A 17-year-old girl was allegedly abducted and gangraped by three youths at Rangana village in Shamli district of Uttar Pradesh, police said on Sunday.
The girl was abducted and raped when she went to a village shop under Jhinjhana police station on Saturday, they said.
Accused Amit, Vikas and Sahender have been arrested, police said, adding that medical examination of the victim confirmed rape.
The father of the victim in his complaint has alleged that after abduction, the girl was taken to a nearby house and gangraped by the three youths. They later threatened her of dire consequences if she disclosed the matter to anyone.
Accused were produced in the local court on Saturday evening and have been sent in judicial custody for 14 days, police added.