My dream to see sports as a culture in India: Bindra
- Aamir Khan responds, says 'Proud to be Indian, stand by what I said'
- GST is in the interest of the nation, says PM Modi at all-party meet
- Rescued Russian pilot says no warning from Turkey before jet downed
- 'Suit boot ki sarkar' is failing because there are no jobs: Rahul Gandhi
- BJP strategy in Parliament: Aggression is the best form of defense
Ace shooter Abhinav Bindra on Wednesday said that it is my dream to see sports as culture and a part of lifestyle in India. "Sports need to become a social activity in India if we want to become a sport nation," he said.
Bindra, who presided as the chief guest on the closing ceremony of 68 th annual athletics meet of Kundan Vidya Mandir, said, "Till the time I am active in shooting, I cannot manage an academy for budding players but I am personally helping some newcomers make a mark in shooting." He added that 'although more people are adopting shooting, it is still an expensive and alien sport in India'.
Hailing from Chandigarh, the boy with the golden eye, getting candid, said, "There is actually no problem in handling this title because I really don't have an eye of gold. It is my hardwork more than talent and luck which has paid off."
My statement of shooting 'being 99% luck and 1% hardwork was more of a joke, and one should not take it seriously,'he said laughing.
"I would never like to get title of a coach as I believe that everyone makes mistakes. I just want to share my experiences with youngsters, good or bad," said Bindra who also gifted school the copies of his autobiography 'A Shot at History- My Obsessive Journey To Olympic Gold' signed by him.
Bindra also inaugurated the latest 10m shooting range of Kundan Vidya Mandir by firing the first shot in the range and honored the winners of sports meet.
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?
- Telescope: Aamir and Chinese whispers
- What Manmohan Singh really think about the Planning Commission?
- Going solar
- Newspaper is supposed to expose corruption and injustice wherever it finds it