My dream to see sports as a culture in India: Bindra
- India's naval might on full display off Visakhapatnam coast
- Kerala solar scam: Had freedom to enter Chandy’s house anytime, says Saritha Nair
- Australian national suspected to be IS supporter deported from Delhi airport
- At least 39 dead as Gujarat state transport bus plunges into river
- Cops have a case for new juvenile law: boy who ‘killed 2’
Ace shooter Abhinav Bindra on Wednesday said that it is my dream to see sports as culture and a part of lifestyle in India. "Sports need to become a social activity in India if we want to become a sport nation," he said.
Bindra, who presided as the chief guest on the closing ceremony of 68 th annual athletics meet of Kundan Vidya Mandir, said, "Till the time I am active in shooting, I cannot manage an academy for budding players but I am personally helping some newcomers make a mark in shooting." He added that 'although more people are adopting shooting, it is still an expensive and alien sport in India'.
Hailing from Chandigarh, the boy with the golden eye, getting candid, said, "There is actually no problem in handling this title because I really don't have an eye of gold. It is my hardwork more than talent and luck which has paid off."
My statement of shooting 'being 99% luck and 1% hardwork was more of a joke, and one should not take it seriously,'he said laughing.
"I would never like to get title of a coach as I believe that everyone makes mistakes. I just want to share my experiences with youngsters, good or bad," said Bindra who also gifted school the copies of his autobiography 'A Shot at History- My Obsessive Journey To Olympic Gold' signed by him.
Bindra also inaugurated the latest 10m shooting range of Kundan Vidya Mandir by firing the first shot in the range and honored the winners of sports meet.
- No proof required: MGNREGA does not help poor
- Male-dominated ‘places of worship’ are places where god doesn’t reside
- As Sushma visits Lanka, India should invest its diplomatic capital in finding constitutional solution
- There is talk of 4th industrial revolution. How about spreading the benefits of the preceding three
- It Made China See Red
- Modi’s Idea of India - 2