My mother and I can't be in each other's lives: Drew Barrymore
- Ashutosh, Shazia Ilmi taken for questioning over clashes with BJP
- I am more qualified for PM post than Narendra Modi: Nitish Kumar
- Doctors in UP call off strike after Allahabad HC's intervention
- Ukraine crisis: Crimea sets referendum on whether to join Russia
- SC adjourns Centreâs plea restraining TN from releasing Rajiv killers till March 26
Actress Drew Barrymore had a troubled family life and despite empathies for her mother she feels they cannot be in each other's lives.
"I mean, my relationship with my mom is so complicated that... I've always been empathetic toward my mom, and I was even more so when I had a kid and we had a really amazing conversation about it.
"However, it hasn't enabled me to lessen the distance. It's the hardest subject in my life. I've never just been angry with her. I've always felt guilt and empathy and utter sensitivity. But we can't really be in each other's lives at this point," said the 38-year actress.
The 'The Wedding Singer' star also said she had an unplanned childhood and was scared as she did not know how to handle living alone at an early age.
"When I was a kid, everything was so unplanned, my parents
were so erratic, and my world was so inconsistent... I was 14
when I moved into my own apartment. I was so scared. I didn't know anything," she said.
"I didn't know you had to throw food out when it rotted in the fridge. I was convinced someone was going to crawl through my window. I would go to the Laundromat and sit there reading Anne Sexton, Sylvia Plath," added Barrymore.