My role in 'Midnight's Children' was challenging: Anita Majumdar
- Telangana bill passage shows country can take difficult decisions: Prime Minister
- Top General speaks on 2012 troop movement: "Def Secy summoned me late night, said highest seat of power was worried, troops must go back quickly"
- âTroop movement shouldâve been avoided if they knew (V K Singhâs) court dateâ
- The 2012 troop movement investigations
- India slams Pakistan for allowing Masood Azhar to spew venom
"I was awe-struck," she says, while working with veterans like Shabana Azmi, Bose and Seema Biswas.
"I was shocked how loving Seema was to all of us. And then you would see her work and just be in awe how someone so talented can be so humble.
"And Shabana Azmi. What can you say? She's an institution. She plays my mother in the film and there would be times I would forget to act in the scene because I was watching her give her dialogue. She is just as magnificent to watch live as she is on screen," she says.
Rahul has a wicked sense of humour and in so many ways childlike and loves to laugh, says Anita, who first came to attention with her one-woman play "Fish Eyes" in which she played three different parts.
"Fish Eyes", written and performed by Anita, tells the story of an Indian-dancing teenager who thinks her Indian roots and dance skills are the reason she's not popular with her white Canadian school friends. And her dance teacher (also played by Anita) tries to encourage her to embrace her skills.
On Rushdie as a screenwriter, Anita, a playwright herself, says she thinks he needed to write the screenplay in order to feel the full circle of the story.
"I think he's done a brilliant job on adapting the film into a screenplay and I love that he lends his voice to the narration voice of Saleem Sinai. No one knows the story of 'Midnight's Children' the way he does. It's a very personal story for Salman. He describes 'Midnight's Children' as his love letter to India. I think it would have been strange had he not been a part of the creative process."
- What should common man expect when PM’s killers are freed: Rahul on Jayalalithaa’s decision
- Anna Hazare says, I support Mamata Banerjee for her ideas
- The regressive state | The Indian Express
- Top General speaks: Def Secy summoned me late night, said highest seat of power was worried, troops must go back quickly